Facebook held their 10 year anniversary of the F8 Developer Conference; a gathering of developers from around the world to learn about the new products and updates happening on Facebook. F8 Developer Conference was centered around one theme: Augmented Reality. Creating a community through Augmented/Virtual Reality. Here are the top highlights from the F8 Developer Conference:
- Mark Zuckerburg addressed the tragedy of the Cleveland serial killer, who used Facebook livestream to publicly murder an innocent elderly man. Mark strives to make Facebook a safe platform, as well as strengthen security.
- Facebook is rolling out products concentrated on Augmented Reality: realistic 3D objects, Augmented Reality gaming, and camera effects
- Frame Studio: An artist's tool for 3D art and camera effects
- AR Studio: A developer's tool for seamless 3D mask effects (seen on snapchat and FB stories)
- Social VR: Facebook virtual reality community space
A little bit more on Social VR, because this is a huge development during the F8 Conference. Social VR is a virtual reality based space where you can hang out with friends and family, add 3D objects and atmospheres, and interact with your environment using a VR device. Social VR uses SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping) to map your location, as well as reading your map location to create an interactive simulation of your space for you and your community. The main purpose of Social VR is bringing people together with the power of virtual reality.
Yup....... Just like Sword Art Online, minus the trap of turning a virtual world into reality (hopefully).
If you missed the Facebook F8 Developer Conference, you can watch it here for more information and Facebook development.
What are your thoughts of Facebook F8 Developer Conference? share your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading! Be Beautiful & Geeky :)